Friday, May 31, 2013

Let spring 2013 begin!


Woo! I haven't updated this in 11 months. Not quite a year so its ok, right?
The house is now COMPLETELY gutted. Two $700 dumpsters later... no more lathe, plaster, or insulation. Never again will I gut a house with plaster. I will sell my belongings and pay someone else to do it. Honestly.



The long haitus between posts has been because of winter. Our house is north facing so it is usually about 10-15 degrees colder inside than outside. Even a really enjoyable 55 degree fall day is unbearable inside. Since it has been almost 90 degrees this week we are now having the opposite problem. There is no pleasing me.



The front yard is planted! The plants look so amazing and are really selling the illusion that the house isn't as unlivable as it actually is. The neighbors especially like that instead of rotting leaves and trash there are plants. The deer enjoy eating them which really pisses me off.


Expect more updates to come. We hope to be moved in by fall, although I said the same thing last year. I am an optimist. 

SPOILER ALERT: The next post will be about being able to turn lights on and me crying uncontrollably because of the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment