Saturday, April 21, 2012

Moving right along then.


Well, a lot has changed since that last post where I said I was ridiculous for dedicating a blog to a house I didn't yet own. I still don't own it yet BUT we are set to close May 4th and our structural inspection is on Tuesday (May 1st.) Perhaps dedicating a blog to someone else's property is a good omen in my case.

The negotiations were difficult, we ended up spending a little more than we wanted. There is a huge empathy I have for this situation though, as the seller is in the position of selling his grandfather's house, which I can only imagine is really sad and heartbreaking. I made sure the realtor told him we were a nice young couple who really wanted to take care of the house and make it beautiful again. I am not sure how  much comfort that brings him but I feel like it would make me feel a little better if I were in his shoes. We also found out he lives across the street, so I cut the negotiations shooter and didn't nickel and dime him as I don't really want any flaming dog poo on my porch anytime soon.


He told the realtor that he would like to meet us which I agreed to. I also told her I water him to have any photos and documents we might find in the house because it would be wrong for us to keep them even though we specifically negotiated into the contract that everything in the house remains in the house. The attic is filled with antique Christmas ornaments and I would love to keep those!



Today I discovered the absolute joy of buying plants for your own yard. I purchased blue Siberian Iris bulbs and a pretty double Belle de Working Clematis. If everything goes well at the inspection on Tuesday I am going to ask the soon to be former owner if we can start yard work even though we don't officially close until the 4th.

Be sure to stay tuned for more pictures, sweat, tears, and excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment